Webinar on Presentation & Results of Project ARIADNE
On 15 March 2023, at 14:30 – 16:30 CET , project ARIADNE will present and discuss its results achieved during the project life time.
Please note that all participants have to register. Link to registration page.
The ARIADNE project has been working around the following three pillars:
- Development of new radio technologies for communications using the above 100GHz D-Band frequency ranges.
- Exploitation of the opportunities emerging for advanced connectivity based on metasurfaces where objects in the environment can become tuneable reflectors for shaping the propagation environment in D-band.
- Employment of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques to management necessary for high-frequency communications together with dynamic assignment and reconfiguration of the metasurfaces, so as to provide continuous and reliable high-bandwidth connections in the Beyond-5G scenarios.
Here is the detailed agenda for the ARIADNE Webinar:
- Brief overview on technical project scope and achievements, by Angeliki Alexiou, University of Piraeus, the ARIADNE Technical Project Leader
- New radio technologies for above 100GHz D-Band frequency ranges – channel characterization, by Joonas Kokkoniemi, University of Oulu
- Implementation of Metasurfaces / RIS – from characterization and manufacturing to testing and demonstration, by Xuchen Wang , Aalto University
- Machine Learning and AI for management of demanding high-frequency communications – the ARIADNE perspective by Fotis Lazarakis, Demokritos,Edwin Yaqub, RapidMiner
- Addresses from the ARIADNE Advisory Board members
– Professor Tadao Nagatsuma (Osaka University) a world renown expert in mmWave and THz frequencies,
– Professor John Vardaxoglou (Loughborough University) a world renown expert in metasurfaces,
– Professor Patrick Gallinari (Sorbonne University) a world renown expert in Machnine Learning
- Conclusions and end of the ARIADNE webinar
The event will be moderated by Halid Hrasnica, EURESCOM, Project Co-ordinator
Please, mark the Webinar date in your calendar and note that all participants have to register. Link to registration page.